Thursday, August 11, 2011

My 40th Birthday Party...in Two Years

I was watching Oprah's Behind the Scenes the other day as her production team was discussing how they pulled off the big next-to-last-show surprise extravaganza with 100+ celebrities. It took months and months of planning to get everyone booked and where they were supposed to be, and it got me thinking...

My peeps better start NOW with my 40th Birthday Bash. They better start now, because I have quite the impressive guest list.

I don't even need the big arena. I'm fine with my house, chips and salsa, chocolate cake, and the company of these fine ladies, featured in no particular order.

Robin Roberts, formerly of ESPN, presently of Good Morning America. I'm not going to lie. She might be my girl crush. (I. Love. Her.) She's funny. She's classy. She's a hoot on Twitter. What's not to love?

Diane Sawyer, formerly of Good Morning America, presently of ABC Nightly News. I know she got all serious on us and is now a hot-shot news anchor who interviews world leaders, but she proved on GMA that she is a fun gal. I'm sure she'll bring it at my chips and salsa party.

Tina Fey, formerly of SNL, presently of 30 Rock. She just got added to my guest list because I'm reading her book Bossypants, and y'all, it is pee-in-your-pants funny. I might just get her to read aloud from her book at my party. Why not?


Bonnie Hunt, formerly of The Bonnie Hunt Show, Bonnie, and some other shows/movies I can't remember the name of. She's cute. She's funny. She's self-deprecating. I can't fully 'splain it, but I adore her.


Gayle King, Oprah's BFF. I used to love listening to her talk show when I had satellite radio, and now that same show -- but with video -- is on, you guessed it, OWN. And if I were on a desert island and had to choose between Gayle and Oprah as my island-mate for a long period of time, I'd choose Gayle. Yeah, I said it.

Lauren Graham, formerly of one of my favorite TV shows of all time, Gilmore Girls. And now she is on Parenthood, which I started watching last season. I've seen her in interviews and she seems like a fun gal. C'mon down to the ATL, Lauren. You're invited!


And last, but not least, Connie Britton, formerly of my recently and dearly departed Friday Night Lights. But with Connie, there is a string attached: I want her to come as her FNL character, Tammy Taylor. I'm sure Connie is a lovely woman, but I think Tammy and I could be best friends. If she really existed. Connie/Tammy can also bring her favorite white wine.


Would that be a rockin' 40th Birthday Party or what? Another plus? I think all these women are older than I am, and it would help my self-esteem to be the youngest gal at the party.

Okay, peeps...get on it.

(Wait...who are my peeps? I need peeps!!)









2 comments:

Blayne White said...

I'll bring the chocolate cake - I make the BEST!

Amy said...

Done! You're invited!!